The 2017 Young Driver Challenge
The search is on for Britain's best Young Driver!
The 2017 Young Driver Challenge is open to those aged between 10 and 16 years being run by Young Driver, the UK's largest provider of under-17 driving tuition.
The challenge, which is now open for entries until the end of July, judge the skills of entrants based on a series of challenges and manoeuvres, including parallel parking, figures of eight, a turn in the road, steering, judgement and positioning.
Forty top-scoring finalists from across the country, spanning two age categories (10-13 years and 14-16 years), will then compete at a final to be held at The NEC, Birmingham. The final will take place on Saturday 30th September. All finalists will receive a 30 minute gift voucher.
Most of the youngsters who take part in our lessons give 100% to perfecting the skills they are taught and treat the cars with the utmost respect. We wanted to recognise the hard work our young drivers put in, and show how responsible young people can be when given the appropriate training.
The winners will receive a selection of prizes including 40 pre- and post-17 driving lessons and £500 off a car insurance premium courtesy of Young Driver Sponsor Admiral.
For more information about the awards, or to book a Young Driver lesson, please log on to www.youngdriver.com or call 0844 371 9010.
Terms and Conditions:
1. To enter, youngsters must be aged between 10 and 16 years old. They must take a Young Driver lesson in order to be marked accordingly.
2. The finalists will be chosen based on their performance in a practical driving lesson, as judged by a qualified Young Driver instructor.
3. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the marks awarded.
4. The closing date for entries is midnight on 30th July 2017.
5. Two categories exist for entries – ages 10-13 and 14-16 years.
6. 20 finalists will be chosen from each age category.
7. All 40 finalists will be invited along to a grand final which will be held at The NEC, Birmingham on 30th September 2017.
8. No expenses will be paid for travel to or from the final, or accommodation.
9. All entrants agree to publicity when they enter the competition.
10. Photography and video footage of the finalists will be taken and used for publicity purposes. Winners may be required to speak to the media.
11. Winners will receive their prizes at the final event.
a. First prize - 10-13 year old age category: 20 x 60-minute Young Driver lessons and £500 off an Admiral car insurance premium (can be used by a direct family member, valid for 12 months).
b. First prize - 14-16 year old age category: 10 x 60-minute Young Driver lessons and a series of 30 driving lessons for when they turn 17 (from a DIA-accredited instructor), £500 off an Admiral car insurance premium (can be used by a direct family member, valid for 12 months).
c. Second prizes (both age categories) –5 x 60-minute Young Driver lessons.
d. Third prizes (both age categories) – 5 x 30-minute Young Driver lessons
e. All finalists – 1 x 30-minute Young Driver vouchers
13. There is no cash alternative for the prizes and no alternative will be offered. Prizes are non-transferable.
14. There will also be a separate award – the Admiral Award – for the finalist with the best attitude. This will be chosen by the judges on the day and the winner will be awarded a £200 cash prize.
15. This competition is open to all UK residents, except for employees of the promoter, their immediate family and anyone else connected to the creation or administration of the competition.
16. The prize is subject to availability and in the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
17. The promoter is not liable for failure to receive any entries or incorrect contact information and does not accept any responsibility for any failure by the winners or any entrant to comply with these terms and conditions. The promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects.
18. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material. The promoter may in its absolute discretion change these terms and conditions, without notice or may cancel the promotion without prior notice in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control that makes it necessary to do so. By entering this competition entrants are deemed to accept these rules.
19. The promoter is Young Driver, Dalton House, 60 Windsor Avenue, London, SW19 2RR.